Scrap Tamers 2016-2017 Club
Our Scrap Tamers Club will begin in September and meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month for 8 sessions, starting in September and finishing in May. We will be skipping the January session due to some other commitments on the 3rd Saturday of January. The focus of the club will be on learning new techniques, finishing your projects, making quilts from your stash and having some fun.
Each month you will receive a pattern for a small project or quilt, many of which could be made from your stash. We will also include instructions for making a mystery quilt. This quilt will be scrappy, so you can either use your stash or pre-order one of our specially chosen bundles.
- The meeting dates will be September 17, October 15, November 19, December 17. We will skip the January session but continue on February 18, March 18, April 15 , and May 20. Signup day will be Saturday, August 20, starting at 9:30.
Sessions will include:
- A handout including clues for making a lap size Glad Creations designed mystery quilt.
- A pattern for a small project.
- Motivation from show and tell.
- And—a preview of what’s new in the shop (all the goodies you’ll want to know about).
The sessions will generally last about 50-60 minutes. Please plan to arrive on time and stay for the whole session.
How to join the club:
Register for a session time (10:00, 11:15 or 1:15). To make it fair for everyone, registration begins Saturday, August 20 at 9:30. We will be taking registrations in person or by phone. (No faxes, no e-mails, no mail-ins). You may register on this first sign-up day for yourself and up to 3 friends. We expect these sessions to fill up quickly! Be prepared to stand in line at the shop, and know that the phone will be very busy. We appreciate your patience—we will be taking registrations as fast as we can in the order received. Generally there have been a few spots left after the initial signup day. Call or come in to find out about openings.
The cost to participate in the club is $40.00. Prepay at the time of registration to hold your place (payment for phone sign-ups must be received within 4 days of registration).
Our signup sheet will be ready by August 6th. Stop in and pick one up to make your plans. The club is open to all quilters, new and experienced.
Sessions meet at 10:00, 11:15 and 1:15