Glad Creations Email Update 4/4/11
Glad Creations Inc., Email Update
This newsletter is mailed every other Monday.
April 4, 2011
Dear Customers and Friends,
The 14th annual Quilt Shop 'til You Drop, the annual Twin Cities quilt shop tour is coming up on April 28 – 30, 2011. You'll want to be sure to check out the great demos we have scheduled. We’ll also be having a trunk show of little quilts from Quilts Remembered designed by Annemarie Yohnk. She’ll be sharing her techniques during some of the demos. We have shop hop maps available in the shop now to plan your trip.
The next session of our Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler club is just around the corner on April 18 and 19. In session 8 we'll be showing you tips for Y-seams and Eight Pointed Stars. Be sure to sign up if you’re participating in this club.
Make sure to take a look at our blog to see the slide show of the show & tell from Mystery Weekend 47. Participants brought some amazing quilts to share.
Everyone had a great time shopping our Fat Quarter Frenzy this past weekend! We had thousands of fat quarters rolled and ready to go Friday morning. Did you miss it? We're tidying up the bins this morning and are going to continue to offer the special price through Wednesday of this week. Purchase at least 25 fat quarters from our pre-rolled selection and pay only $1.25 each. There's still a great selection available!
Our newest Glad Creations pattern, Wishing Star, has come back from the printer and is now available. Patterns and kits will be posted on the web site later this week.
Coupon book holders, don't forget to come in to use your Think Mother's Day Coupon. Use this coupon from April 18-20 to receive 10% off packaged patterns for placemats, napkins, potholders and aprons.
If you can't make it into the shop and there is something you are interested in, please call us at (612) 724-1079 and we'll be happy to answer any questions about products and take your order over the phone. Or, visit our website at www.gladcreationsquilts.com
Hope to see you soon!
Nancy, Susan & Emily
|Civil War Reunion
by Barbara Brackman
Riley Blake Designs
||Quilter's Academy • Vol. 3 • Junior Year
by Harriet & Carrie Hargrave
by Deborah Kemball
||The Art of Elegant Hand Embroidery, Embellishment and Applique
by Janice Vaine
- Quilter's Home Magazine
- Quiltmania Magazine; #82 (has an article about Pat Cox in it!)
We hope you'll stop in soon to visit!
- Pat’s Thursday Regulars: 6 sessions; begins Thurs., April 7; 10:00-12:00; $42.00 (Instructor: Patricia Cox) â€¨This class is for students who enjoy the support of a class with Pat as they work on their continuing quilting projects.
- Maintaining Your Featherweight: 1 session; Sat., April 9, 1:00 - 4:00; $25.00 (Instructor: Carole Wilder) Learn how to do your own regular maintenance on your Singer Featherweight to keep it in top running condition!
- Crazy Quilt: 4 sessions; begins Mon., April 11; 6:30 - 8:30; $35.00 (Instructor: Pat Cox)â€¨ Join Pat to learn traditional techniques for assembling a crazy quilt block. Then learn to embellish your block with a variety of embroidery stitches.
- Beginning Quiltmaking: 8 sessions; begins Tues., April 12; 6:30-8:30; $55.00 (Instructor: Patricia Cox) â€¨Come learn the basics of traditional quiltmaking by hand with Pat Cox. A great class to start with if you're brand new to quilting
- Hand Quilting: 3 sessions; begins Mon., April 18; 6:30-8:30; $30.00 (Instructor: Patricia Cox) Here’s the perfect opportunity to learn tips and tricks from a master! With some practice you’ll be quilting with small, even stitches.
Store hours are 9:30-5:00 Monday through Saturday. We are closed on Sundays.
We're open evenings until 8:30 when we have classes running. Evenings coming up soon: Mon. 4/11, Tues. 4/12, Mon. 4/18, Tues. 4/19.
Glad Creations, Inc. Quilt Block
3400 Bloomington Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Biweekly Email Update
Visit our website: www.gladcreationsquilts.com
All content copyright ©2011, Glad Creations, Inc.