Glad Creations Email Update 5/2/11
Glad Creations Inc., Email Update
This newsletter is mailed every other Monday.
May 2, 2011
Dear Customers and Friends,
The 14th Annual Twin Cities Shop Hop was loads of fun. All the shop owners will be getting together tonight to draw winners for the prizes!
Susan and Nancy will be heading off to Quilt Market soon and are looking forward to finding lots of fun new ideas and inspiration.
The next big quilting event to look forward to is the Minnesota Quilters Show which take place at the RiverCentre in St Paul this year from June 16-18. Visit www.mnquilt.org for event information. Be sure to stop by our booth and say Hi!
Our newest Glad Creations pattern, Birds in the Air, is now available on the website and in the shop. We have some kits available for this great design as well.
Coupon book holders, be sure to stop in from May 5-8 to redeem your Stock up on Thread coupon. Buy three spools and get a 4th one free (lesser value is free).
If you can't make it into the shop and there is something you are interested in, please call us at (612) 724-1079 and we'll be happy to answer any questions about products and take your order over the phone. Or, visit our website at www.gladcreationsquilts.com
Hope to see you soon!
Nancy, Susan & Emily
||Party Animal Too
|Kaffe Fassett Prints
||Quilts From Textured Solids
by Kim Schaefer
||Fat Quarter Winners
by Monique Dillard
||Sisterhood: A Quilting Tradition
by Nancy Lee Murty
||The Big Book of Patchwork
by Judy Hopkins
That Patchwork Place
|Fresh Picked Posies
by Becky Goldsmith & Linda Jenkins
Piece 'O Cake Designs
||Birds in the Air
- Better Homes & Gardens Quilt Sampler Magazine; #139, Spring/Summer 2011
- Mary Jane's Farm; Vol. 10, #4
- Quiltmaker; #139, May/June 2011
- Quilts and More; Summer 2011
We hope you'll stop in soon to visit!
- Glacier Star: 6 sessions; This class has been so popular we've added a Sunday series that begins Sunday., May 8; 12:00-4:00; $140.00 (includes the complete pattern, a $60 value) (Instructor: Julie Arrowood) â€¨This is a new project from Judy Niemeyer quilting—the first design for the new Technique of the Month pattern series. Glacier Star is an exclusive pattern available only thru authorized instructors and shops with a limited printing. Join Julie Arrowood, Certified Judy Niemeyer instructor to learn paper piecing techniques and Judy's own shortcuts to make this project painless! See details on the website.
- Color for Beginners: 1 session; Saturday,May 14; 10:00–2:00; (Instructor: Jennie Baltutis)â€¨ â€¨Colors, colors everywhere but how to put them together in a quilt. Learn the basics of color theory including the color wheel, color plans, value, temperature, and intensity. Join Jennie to learn how to evaluate color and to play with LOTS of colorful fabric.
Store hours are 9:30-5:00 Monday through Saturday. We are closed on Sundays.
We're open evenings until 8:30 when we have classes running. Evenings coming up soon: Mon. 5/2, Tues. 5/3, Mon. 5/9, Tues. 5/10
Glad Creations, Inc. Quilt Block
3400 Bloomington Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Biweekly Email Update
Visit our website: www.gladcreationsquilts.com
All content copyright ©2011, Glad Creations, Inc.