Glad Creations Email Update 04/10/17
Glad Creations Inc., News & Notes
This newsletter is mailed every other Monday.
April 10, 2017
Dear Customers and Friends,
We’re looking forward to a spring and summer season full of lots of quilting fun! We have some great spring classes starting soon.
- Are you new to quilting? Beginning Quiltmaking with Patricia Cox starts on Tuesday, April 18, 6:00–8:00. Patricia teaches the basics of traditional quiltmaking. You’ll learn to cut out your fabric pieces and stitch by hand as you create traditional blocks for a 9-block sampler quilt.
- Another great beginner’s class: Rotary Star Sampler with Annemarie Yohnk is a great choice if you’d like to be making your quilts by machine. It’s a four session class starting Tuesday, May 9, 6:00–8:30. This class covers the basics of rotary cutting and machine piecing using a variety of short-cut techniques.
- Basic Domestic Machine Quilting with Janet Moser will be held Saturday April 29, 10:30–4:00. Learn the basics of machine quilting on a simple pieced project. This class is for students who have little or no experience with machine quilting or for those of you who would like to improve our machine quilting skills.
- Cheri’s Color Basics class begins Tuesday, April 11, 6:30–8:30—that’s tomorrow!. Develop a better understanding of color and how to use it in your quilts.
- Come Sew with Us. Join Susan and Nancy April 22 & 23 for a weekend of sewing. We’ll be sewing Saturday from 9:30am–8:30pm and Sunday 9:30am–5:00pm. Come with your sewing project ready to go.
We love being part of the Powderhorn community. We hope you love us! Vote for us in the first annual Best of Powderhorn.
If you can't make it into the shop and there is something you are interested in, please call us at (612) 724-1079 and we'll be happy to answer any questions about products and take your order over the phone. Or, visit our website at www.gladcreationsquilts.com.
The Twin Cities Shop 'til You Drop quilt shop hop is almost here! The dates are May 4–6. We have lots of fun plans, including demos at every shop and great door prizes (watch the demos as you hop and receive a coupon from each shop to use in June 2017 for $5.00 off your $25.00 fabric purchase). Each shop you visit will have a little gift for you too, a TC Treat (that’s a 10” x 12” cut of a solid color fabric). More about the hop: Everyone who visits all 7 shops will be entered into a drawing for some great prizes. We'll be giving away 2 sewing machines generously donated by Valley West Sewing and Johnston’s Vac & Sew of Richfield. We'll also be drawing names for 7 winners of an Arrow sewing chair. That's not all...each shop will be putting 5 - $25.00 gift certificates into the drawing. That's a total of 35 gift certificates. Lots of chances to win! All the details are available on our website. Stop by and pick up your map so you can start planning your hop!
Coupon book holders: Stop in April 20–22 for a free fat quarter from our selection of floral prints!
So much quilting fun coming along!
Nancy, Susan & Emily
Collection for a Cause
||Row by Row and coordinates
||Log Cabin Quilts
by Penny Haren
• Quiltmania; March/April 2017
• Quiltmaker; Fons & Porter; May/June 2017; No. 175
Store hours are 9:30 – 5:00 Monday, 9:30 – 8:30 Tuesday and 9:30 – 5:00 Wednesday through Saturday. We are closed on Sundays. We're open every Tuesday evening until 8:30.
Glad Creations, Inc. Quilt Block
3400 Bloomington Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Biweekly Email Update
Visit our website: www.gladcreationsquilts.com
All content copyright ©2017, Glad Creations, Inc.