Glad Creations Email Update 9/8/11
Glad Creations Inc., Email Update
This newsletter is mailed every other Monday.
September 8, 2011
Dear Customers and Friends,
The sign up day for our Scrap Tamers plus Marti & Me Club sign-up was really fun. Customers were lined up down the block (check it our on our blog)! There are still a few openings in the 1:00 session if you are interested in joining us.
Our 35th anniversary celebration has begun! Enter during September for a chance to win our Northwoods quilt. We’ll draw the name of the lucky winner on Oct. 1. You can enter our drawing every time you visit the shop—enter as often as you like. (One entry per visit. Must be at least 18 years old).
The Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop is now over and the winners of the sewing machines for the Central East Section have been chosen. Chris Fox of St. Cloud won the Bernina 440QE and Maddy Ryan of Sioux Falls, SD won the Bernette 46. We still have some of the Quilt Minnesota fabrics in—call if you are looking for some.
Coupon book holders, redeem your Hit the Books Coupon to receive 15% off any regular priced book of your choice—good for the whole month of September. And, use your Happy Birthday Susan Coupon from Sept 8-10 for a free fat quarter, Susan’s choice.
If you can't make it into the shop and there is something you are interested in, please call us at (612) 724-1079 and we'll be happy to answer any questions about products and take your order over the phone. Or, visit our website at www.gladcreationsquilts.com
Hope to see you soon!
Nancy, Susan & Emily
||2012 Award Winning Quilts Calendar
That Patchwork Place
|| That Patchwork Place Quilt Calendar 2012
That Patchwork Place
- Quilter's Newsletter Best Quilts for Christmas; Sept/Oct 2011; #141
- Australian Patchwork & Quilting; Annual 2011; Vol. 20, No. 6
- Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting; October 2011
- Mary Jane's Farm; Oct./Nov. 2011
- Better Homes & Gardens' Quilt Sampler; Fall/Winter 2011
Upcoming Classes starting in September:
We hope you'll stop in soon to visit!
- Appliqué: 6 sessions; begins Sat., Sept. 24; 10:00–12:00 or 12:30–2:30; fee: $42.00 (Instructor: Pat Cox). Learn techniques for perfect hand appliqué. You will apply needleturn techniques to a quilt, wallhanging or miniature quilt of your choice. This class is geared towards all levels from beginners to intermediate students—Pat works with each student individually during class.
- Pat's Thursday Regulars: 6 sessions; begins Thurs., Sept. 15; 10:00–12:00; fee: $42.00 (Instructor: Pat Cox). This class is for students who enjoy the support of a class with Pat as they work on their continuing quilting projects. Students will work on traditional piecing and/or hand appliqué projects with color and design support from Pat.
- Crazy Quilt: 4 sessions; begins Mon., Sept. 19; 6:30–8:30; fee: $35.00 (Instructor: Pat Cox). Join Pat to learn traditional techniques for assembling a crazy quilt block. Then learn to embellish your block with a variety of embroidery stitches. Pat will focus on by-hand techniques but if you have a machine that does embroidery, you can work with it at home to embellish your block if you wish.
- Beginning Rotary Star Sampler: 4 sessions; begins Mon., Sept. 12; 6:00 - 8:30; fee: $42.00 (Instructor: Annemarie Yohnk). This class will teach the fundamentals of rotary cutting and piecing by machine. Several techniques will be covered in the classes, including mastering the 1/4" seam allowance, connector triangles, strip piecing, borders, basting and binding. Machine quilting will be demonstrated in the final class.
- Lone Star: 2 sessions Sat., Sept. 24 & Oct. 8 ; 10:00-4:00; fee: $60.00 (Instructor: Cheri Merritt). The Lone Star is making a comeback at Glad’s! It is Cheri’s absolutely favorite design. Share her excitement and learn the basics of constructing a small Lone Star that will make a wall hanging or table topper. Check out Cheri's blog to read more about her Lone Star quilts.
Store hours are 9:30-5:00 Monday, 9:30 - 8:30 Tuesday and 9:30 - 5:00 Wednesday through Saturday. We are closed on Sundays.
We're open evenings until 8:30 when we have classes running so we're frequently open Monday evenings. We're also now open every Tuesday evening until 8:30.
Glad Creations, Inc. Quilt Block
3400 Bloomington Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Biweekly Email Update
Visit our website: www.gladcreationsquilts.com
All content copyright ©2011, Glad Creations, Inc.